At Oyster Media Group Ltd, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this notice from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Any questions regarding this Notice and our privacy practices should be sent by email to datacompliance@
Oyster Media Group Ltd
31 The Heights
Alternatively, you can telephone +44 (0) 779696718
Who are we?
We are Oyster Media Group Ltd, which published Bowls International under license from Key Publishing Group.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, apply for a Hotshot or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to any service we provide or requesting further services.
We may also ask you for information if you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, sign up to an event, or if you report a problem with our website.
We also collect information you provide to us by other means (including, for example, by telephone, fax, post or email) including:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, business name, address, email address, IP address and telephone numbers.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To keep you informed about changes to our services
- To let you know about events you may be interested in attending
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally obliged to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal details for as long as necessary for the relevant activity.
Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit consent
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party (or clients) as part of our contractual obligations such as a mailing house so that the subscription copies of your magazine can be delivered. However, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected
- We may disclose your information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
Lawfulness of Processing
We are required to inform you on what lawful bases we are obtaining and processing your personal data. In general, this will be Legitimate Interests. Where this differs is documented in the specific Privacy Notice for that process.
You have a choice about whether you wish to receive marketing information from us or not. If you do want to receive direct communications from us about the products or services we offer, then you can opt in by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the forms on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent or it is part of your subscription package to receive discounts on products and services. If you do not want to receive these discounts, please contact us (details below) or notify us when ordering. Oyster Media Group Ltd and Key Publishing will not contact you for marketing purposes by any means from May 25th 2018 if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us or by updating your account preferences at https://shop.keypublishing.
Welcome to Key Publishing’s online shop. We are famous around the world for our wide range of magazines and media which cover all aspects of aircraft, aviation, scale-modelling and model flying and, military vehicles and history.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information we hold about you. If you have an online account, you can update your details in the ‘my account’ section on the online shop. Otherwise, if you change your email address or any other information we hold about you is inaccurate or not up to date, please email us at datacompliance@
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Key Publishing Group hold about you.
You can request this information by emailing datacompliance@
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This privacy notice applies only to our website, so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
In addition, if you are linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the Notice of that third-party site.
Review of this Notice
We keep this Notice under review. This Notice was last updated in May 2018